Monday, July 28, 2014

Color Framed (36)

The Story of a quilt

First you find a book that you LOVE
then you try to decide on one pattern from that book
The is Framed from Camille Roskelly's Simply Retro book

Then you pick fabric
Love this mix of colour!!

and you get to work
cutting all that wonderful fabric up......
just so you can sew it back together again

(makes no sense, I know)

Then you find a good show to watch (listen to in the background)
 while you piece yourself a quilt top



Then you fold up that wonderful quilt top and you put it away for 6 or so months
while you start and finish some other quilt.....;)

Then one day you decide
"I think I will finally finish that quilt)
and you pull it out of the closet and remember that you liked 
the colours and patterns of that quilt top and wonder "why did I not finish this before now??"

TA-DA!!!

When I was auditioning fabric for the binding
my hubby walked by and said "you need some green"
he was SO right, I love the lime green binding

I had a beautiful sunny day
and my boys were willing to help me out!

(im SO happy I have grass and a yard to take pictures in)



I free motion quilt this quilt on my home machine
the third one I have done

I had great issues with this one, 
my Aurifil thread kept breaking, and was pulling the bobbin thread to the front,
my Wonderfil thread had the same issues, 
and yes I was trying all kinds of things with my machine as well

Switched to my Superior thread and the rest went like a dream, guess my machine 
just likes the Superior thread!!


I love the brightness of this quilt, at 63x63 it is the perfect cuddle size
(and my youngest son has already decided it is his quilt)

and one just for fun
the wind was not really cooperating with us

Happy Monday
Thanks for stopping by

(See that row of little trees in the background
there are over 700 Lilcas, Willows and Spruce trees,
we planted then for a wind break last year, 
I am off to go weed them now, so I can enjoy a week at the lake next week!!!)

16 comments:

DeborahGun said...

I love this quilt - bright and colourful and a fun design. Great job for getting it finished - I love the green binding especially :-)

Joanna @ Riddle and {Whimsy} said...

Love this fabric line! I have Camille's book; it's so hard to narrow down which pattern to make!!

Sue C said...

I absolutely adore your finished quilt. The colours are spectacular. I am sure your son will spend many a happy hours snuggled underneath it.

Marly said...

This is lovely. You chose perfect fabrics for the design. May it serve your son for many years.

Anonymous said...

I love this! I have that book and that quilt is on my 'to do' list. You're right, the green sets it off beautifully and you are so lucky to have that great back yard for photos. Well done :-)

Tanya Quilts in CO said...

Great colors and design! I love that you dug it out and finished it. Your hubby was totally right about the green. Well done! Visiting from Sew Cute.

Lara B. said...

Conni, that is an outstanding quilt! In fact, you can see that it is out standing in its field just from your photos, LOL. You did a beautiful job!

Shannon said...

Love your fabric and your pattern. I have that pattern pinned to make someday!

Jo said...

Totally love your quilt! It's really awesome! love all your colour choices.

LA Paylor said...

It is one happy quilt! The colors and white are so good. LeeAnna at not afraid of color

Adrienne said...

Love this quilt!!!! the colors are so great - vibrant!

Sue Daurio said...

Ah your son has very good taste. A great story about the life of a quilt, it is a beauty and much too pretty to sit unquilted for too long.

Jane said...

I love this quilt and I love that book! One of the first books I acquired.

Anonymous said...

It is fabulous! And the fabric you have chosen works wonderfully.

Micki @ 2 Dogs Studio said...

Love your color choices - very summery looking quilt.

Run 'n Stitch said...

Isn't that the truth about the process;) Congratulations on mastering your machine to get the quilting done. Your finished quilt is lovely.

Gramma quilt

I’ve slowed my quilt roll this year,  no longer to do feel the need to make a quilt, start to finish in 1 day,  I’m ok if it takes a li...