Thursday, August 14, 2014

August Library Project

I have fallen behind on my Library Project link ups

But it is summer

too much to do outside!!

I will be honest, I have made 4 blocks for my Blossom quilt
which is from 
With Fabric & Thread
by Joanna Figueroa



but in my defence
like I said it is summer in Saskatchewan, 
where we get more winter than we do summer

I have recently move my sewing room
and spent today catching up on a few quick unfinished projects
(today is +44 with the humidity, good day to be inside)

I signed up for a mini quilt swap
and decided to finish up my Firework block as my mini to exchange


and then I went out and watered my plants
and my youngest son decided to check on our raspberries

Our first crop, we only planted the bushes last spring!!

then it was time for dinner, 
I thought I would try something different for dessert

blueberry crisp, to use up the blueberries I had in the fridge.

back down to my cool sewing room
where I finished up the quilt baby quilt I made
after being asked by my hubby to make one for a friend

and last but not least, 
I cleared one last Swoon block off the Unfinished Pile
this one will be a mini quilt wall hanging

So that is some of my summer in a nut shell

After being so hot today
it is supposed to storm tomorrow,
maybe I'll get a few more Blossom blocks put together!!!



Happy Thursday
Thanks for stopping by!








1 comment:

Julia D @ Jada's Quilting Adventures said...

Love your Swoon block. I've been meaning to make one for a while :)

Gramma quilt

I’ve slowed my quilt roll this year,  no longer to do feel the need to make a quilt, start to finish in 1 day,  I’m ok if it takes a li...