Tuesday, January 29, 2013

brrrr

as I sit here right now
in front of the window in my sewing/craft room
it is cold

I mean COLD!!

we are under an Extreme Windchill Warning right now, 
that is supposed to last until some time on Thursday

Temps are sitting at about -29 Celsius with the wind blowing
which makes it feel like -38

I hate winter


I HATE WINTER!!!!

good thing I have stuff to do inside my nice warm house
sewing, crafting, cooking, cleaning, sewing

I have a few projects I am working on

Got lots up in the brain,
ever since I finished my daughters quilt last week
I have been tossing a few ideas around
ideas on a few projects

But have not put needle to fabric



I got a great gift for Christmas, a build your own quilt, of sorts
fabric, batting and backing to make myself a quilt
.....
problem was the fabric really wasn't my style
luckily I was able to exchange it for some I liked better.

The colors above is what I have picked out
the pattern...
I am really liking the granny square quilts these days
I think that is what this will turn into


Now if you remember I told you I got a 
Silhouette Cameo machine for Christmas as well

The main reason I wanted the machine was to cut fabric
to make appliqués 

This was my first attempt


not bad huh??
I still need to add the batting and backing and get it quilted, 
I like it!



I have been seeing lots and lots of hearts these day
I guess because Valentines day is the next holiday of sorts

I had plans to make a heart wall hanging
.....
but after laying it out, 
I decided it was going to be too big for a wall hanging
but would make a nice quilt
So that is what it is going to be

so now all I have to do is actually start sewing some of these projects

Happy Tuesday
Thanks for stopping by


Fresh Poppy Design


WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Love the fabric choice, and what a wonderful gift. Can't wait to see it all come together:)

Abby said...

I love your heart quilt! I have those fabrics I want to run downstairs and make myself one now!

Gramma quilt

I’ve slowed my quilt roll this year,  no longer to do feel the need to make a quilt, start to finish in 1 day,  I’m ok if it takes a li...