Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Impromtu (17)




It's all finished

every part of it

Impromtu



(this is where I seriously wished I had noticed my screw up, before it was all quilted, 
but it is my piece of art, none other like it)


For the backing, 
I used flannel fabric and
 pieced to match the front

I am having fun adding special touches to the quilt backs




after trying many different colours by the quilt, I decided on hot pink for the binding, 
I love how it turned out, I made the right call on that one


This quilt lives on the bed in my spare room

Happy Tuesday
Thanks for stopping by


Fresh Poppy Design


and linking to the party at


9 comments:

Sewing Mom said...

Looks awesome! =) Great quilt name too.

Carla said...

I would not have noticed anything, only I stared and stared because you mentioned it to figure out where your mistake was!! Adds to it's charm ;).

Lorna McMahon said...

I, too, had a hard time finding your 'mistake'. Sure does not detract from the beauty of it! Love the way you pieced the backing to match the design from the front. And you are sew right. That hot pink binding was a perfect choice!

Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation said...

the great thing about quilts is that just because they aren't perfect, doesn't mean they can't be beautiful. I never would have noticed your "mistake." Your quilt is so lovely.

I'm so happy you shared at Needle and Thread Thursday!

:) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

Joanie's Trendy Quilts said...

Such a pretty quilt! I am still looking for the goof but still haven't found it. I think we each are a bit more critical of our work. I always am! Anyways, great finish!

Beth said...

Love your quilt! Hate it when you don't find the mistake till later. Has happened to me more than once. I LOVE the back!

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

it is lovely / love the pattern and cheery bright colors against the white background...just gorgeous!

Josie McRazie said...

I have also done Impromptu! I just love the bold and simple pattern! They aren't 'mistakes' they are 'character'! I do so love Rachael's patterns!

Lindsey said...

Love how this turned out! The design looks great! You did a lovely job! :)

Gramma quilt

I’ve slowed my quilt roll this year,  no longer to do feel the need to make a quilt, start to finish in 1 day,  I’m ok if it takes a li...