Sunday, October 27, 2013

Bloggers Quilt Festival Part 1


AmysCreativeSide



I know you have already seen this quilt
But I have decided to enter it in the Bloggers Quilt Festival


I picked up a Fat Quarter bundle of
Bohemian Festival by Lila Tueller
last spring while visiting a quilt shop in a small town
I was drawn to all the bright fun colours

The bundle sat on my shelf for a little while, 
until one day I came across a Quilt Along
using the Impromtu pattern 
I figured this was the perfect way to show off all of these fun prints in this fabric line


I worked away at this quilt over the summer

Then put it away for a while,
you know how it is, life gets in the way sometimes

brought it back out in the fall

created this backing for it


Which is a giant disappearing 9 patch from the front

then put it to the side again
........

Having a rainy weekend during harvest here on the farm
I dug it out again and started to quilt it
I tried my had at 1.5 inch straight lines,
I like how it turned out and am pretty happy with myself!!

Auditioned many colors for the binding, deciding that hot pink would look best

I linked my quilt up with 2 weekly linky parties, only to go back the next week and see they had both picked MY QUILT to show case in their favourites!!!

SO now I have decided to enter this quilt in the bloggers quilt festival
this is my first entry ever!!!




5 comments:

CitricSugar said...

Really fresh and fun! Great job.

Tiffany said...

I love this quilt. It's on my to-do list for someday. I especially love your back. I'm going to have to try that too!

Lynette said...

I love this quilt! Gorgeous fabrics, perfect way to showcase them. Very cool blow-up for the back. :)

Ruth said...

Lovely quilt - I really like the colours you've chosen and the back is really cool!

SarahZ said...

A wonderful quilt! Perfect for showcasing such fun bright fabrics! Love it!

Gramma quilt

I’ve slowed my quilt roll this year,  no longer to do feel the need to make a quilt, start to finish in 1 day,  I’m ok if it takes a li...