Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Work in progress-Central Park & Sun Drops

I spent the day Sunday doing all kinds of fall yard work. Drained the pool and put it away, pulled the dead flowers out of the pots, put all the deck furniture away.

Then I came inside and cleaned my sewing room, 
which also doubles as my guest room. 

Started quilting my daughters quilt that she is making for a gift, 
until I ran out of grey thread 

Finished up the borders on my Central Park quilt



So it has now moved out of my project containers and onto my finished tops quilt rack!!!

******************

Then I pulled out my strips from my Sun Drops top that I started a while back. The whole while there has been something bothering me about this quilt, it was bothering my brain, it was too 'heavy' on one side (all the colored strips were supposed to run along one side and all the white along the other) 

My cousin sent my a pattern for a similar quilt but the strips alternate sides. I went to my design wall and switched every second strip around.  Much better, now I have a happy brain


Thanks for stopping by
Happy Wednesday


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your Central Park quilt! The different shades of blue/green really work here.

Kristy @ Quiet Play said...

Love your Central Park quilt - it looks fabulous!

The Colorful Fabriholic said...

I definitely like your new Sundrops layout, nice balance.

Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation said...

those colors look great against the turquoise in your Central Park quilt, and I love what you've done with your strip quilt!

:) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

Sue C said...

What a busy time for you. I love both of your quilts. Great job.

Carla said...

Oooh! The Central Park quilt looks great! The colours you chose really make the prints pop!!

Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation said...

Thank you so much for sharing at Needle and Thread Thursday, Conni!

:) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

Gramma quilt

I’ve slowed my quilt roll this year,  no longer to do feel the need to make a quilt, start to finish in 1 day,  I’m ok if it takes a li...