Sunday, April 21, 2013

Great Granny Finished!! (11)

TA - DA!!!!





Many hours
Many yards of thread
Many words

but it is done!!

It is a queen sized beast!






I used Martenique by 3 Sisters for Moda fabric
1 Layer cake and 1 Charm pack

I found the pattern on 

I still have thought of making a regular granny square quilt
I also would like to make my son a quilt before he goes for his surgery
I have a quilt started for my niece for her grad
and I have fabric lined up to make a Swoon quilt


This quilt was a beast to quilt and bind
I was toying with the idea of getting this one
longarm quilted, but then ran out of time.

I just straight lined quilted it
in a cross corner pattern
I found a quilt store that rents a long arm
machine by the day in store, you get a lesson on how to use it
and get to use it for the whole day. 
I plan to try it out....

maybe next time

But looks pretty good on my bed!!


I really wanted to take pictures outside,
but seriously, we still have 3-4 foot snow banks

Thanks for stopping by
Happy Sunday
Fresh Poppy Design
  • Better Off Thread

3 comments:

Kathleen said...

Gorgeous!!! Love the colors and all the pretty patterns. I'm sure it's worth the hard work and effort.

Dawn said...

That turned out wonderful Conni. I rent a long arm with anything queen size and up. It is pricy, they charge by the hour here. You will enjoy the long arm so give it a try:)

trish said...

Yay! Beautiful finish!

Gramma quilt

I’ve slowed my quilt roll this year,  no longer to do feel the need to make a quilt, start to finish in 1 day,  I’m ok if it takes a li...