Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Chevron Snowflake IN Process


Hello and Welcome to my farm in Saskatchewan
I'm Conni

A wife to an amazing man, a mother to 3 amazing children, 
we farm on a 5th generation farm, both grain and cattle

I love to read, quilt and paper craft



I like to spend some time each night
browsing Pinterest

Usually Quilts
all kinds of quilts
or cards, right now its Christmas Cards

I came across this quilt 
in the Love Patchwork and Quilting Magazine
(I just let my subscription go to this magazine of course)
because it is from the UK I get it digitally on the iPad

I showed the picture to my hubby
he said "now that is an awesome quilt" 
he has never said anything besides "nice" or "cool"

So I figured I had better make this quilt

I made a trip through Saskatoon last week and stopped at Periwinkle Quilting
they have a great selection of fat quarters!!

So I picked up the colours I needed

Sunday I was able to get to the craft room

 add up craft room + Christmas Music= very happy me!!

I was able to get all my white fabric cut ready to go



Then I paused to take a road trip with my hubby to haul some cows to the auction
Monday I was back in the craft room!!


I won't bore you with all the pictures I took, lol


end result!!

I love it!!
This was my first time sewing with 45 degree diamonds
like the ones for a Lonestar quilt


I have it all sandwiched up and ready to be quilted


I have a few other project I will be posting in the next few days so be sure to stop back

Happy Thursday
Thanks for stopping by


13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, are you ever fast ! Nice quilt - I like your color choices.
Colleen

Quilting Tangent said...

Pretty quilt.

sherry said...

nice quilt! hello from bc

Carrie P. said...

i just bought that magazine because of the cover quilt. you did a great job!

Flo @ Butterfly Quilting said...

the quilt is stunning! My one experiment with diamonds wasn't pretty!!
How close are you to Saskatoon? You should come in for the Saskatoon Modern Quilt Guild...great fun!

Sew Sisters Quilt Shop said...

Looks great!
Carol

andrea @ tideline quilts said...

What a lovely, lovely pattern - looks like a snowflake! Your colour choices are so much fun, too. Very nice to visit your blog, I'm here from oceanside Nova Scotia on the Sew Sisters blog hop!

Heather A said...

Conni! You put me to shame! WIthin a week, you have a quilt top already! AND you hauled cattle and did all the other things you have to do to keep your household going! I'M NOT WORTHY!! I love this quilt, by the way! I look forward to seeing the grand finish!

Thanks for taking part in Blogathon Canada!

MoeWest said...

Your hubby called it, that is an awesome quilt!

quiltmom anna said...

Every now and then one sees a quilt that they just have to make- there are few like that, that I have completed. Your new quilt is lovely and has turned out beautifully.
Enjoy the blog hop- hope that you get to meet lots of new quilters and bloggers.
Regards from Alberta,
Anna

Mrs.Pickles said...

wow great quilt

Lori S said...

Very striking design!

MC said...

That definitely sounds like great inspiration to make a quilt. Great job with the diamonds, the top does look awesome!

Gramma quilt

I’ve slowed my quilt roll this year,  no longer to do feel the need to make a quilt, start to finish in 1 day,  I’m ok if it takes a li...