Saturday, November 29, 2014

Chevron Snowflake (40)

Seems like it has been so long since I finished a quilt
right now as I type there are 2 tops hanging on the design wall waiting for backing

I will start with an apology
I live in Saskatchewan Canada
It looks great out my window, all beautiful and white,
snow sparkling in the sunshine,
a slight wind blowing
making the temperature -32

which in my language is too darn cold for outdoor pictures!!!

I posted about making this Chevron Snowflake quilt
from the Love Patchwork and Quilting Magazine

well its all finished!!!

This was my first time working with diamond pieces
I think it turned out great

I quilted it on my home machine with squiggly lines (is that a word??)

I used a rainbow thread in my bobbin, for a bit of colour on the white fleece backing


And then used the left over pieces for a rainbow scrappy binding


For now it lives in the living room,
I am not sure if it will become a seasonal quilt or not



again sorry for the poor pictures


Thanks for stopping by
Happy Saturday!!





9 comments:

Adrienne said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I gave been admiring it in the mag too. Glad to see you took the jump and made it. Beautiful

Cathy said...

I love it! It turned out great. I especially love the scrappy binding. It is the perfect finish.

Rachel said...

Pretty. It goes very well with your tree!

Katharine Yates said...

I love this quilt, it turned out beautifully. I love the colors with the snowflake pattern, it keeps it from being too seasonal. Well done!

MaterialGirlQuilts said...

Great finish and looks so cozy with that backing!! I've been drooling over that cover quilt since I received the magazine too :)

Micki @ 2 Dogs Studio said...


Very striking - love it.

Vicki Sews said...

Gorgeous!

Beth said...

This is so pretty!

Rosa said...

It`s just fantastic!

Gramma quilt

I’ve slowed my quilt roll this year,  no longer to do feel the need to make a quilt, start to finish in 1 day,  I’m ok if it takes a li...