Monday, September 2, 2013

Lap Quilt (15)

I love my husband
Absolutely Love him to pieces

Except when we travel together in the summer

He like a cold vehicle
I don't

I freeze 
by the time we get where ever we are going together
literally an ice cube

This year I came up with an idea
I would make myself a quilt
for on my lap while we travel!!






oh, and I got a new sewing chair too


I didn't use a pattern for this one,
Just went with how I wanted it

I used a few charm packs of Vintage Modern,
by Bonnie and Camille for Moda, 
I had left over from my twin quilts I made last fall


(and wouldn't you know it, now that I have a lap quilt to travel, 
we only went 1 place together this summer)


Happy Monday

Thanks for stopping by

Fresh Poppy Design

Better Off Thread

7 comments:

Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation said...

This is such a cute quilt. I love Vintage Modern fabrics and your design looks great! I can certainly sympathize, my husband likes the car cold on road trips too. I have to have a travel quilt as well!

:) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

Caroline said...

I am always freezing in the car too! Perfect place for a lap quilt, it turned out beautiful!

Janet @ Simply Pieced said...

This is a great finish! I love the colors. I always have a quilt with me on trips...its great to snuggle under and watch the scenery go by.

Melissa said...

I love this quilt design! It's so simple and sleek and perfect for so many things! Thanks for the inspiration!

Sue Daurio said...

LOL you need to plan a couple of trips so you can break that beauty in! Love the quilt and your new sewing chair

Anonymous said...

Great finish! Love the design to show off the charms and what a great idea for car trips!

SuperMomNoCape said...

Your quilt turned out beautiful!

Gramma quilt

I’ve slowed my quilt roll this year,  no longer to do feel the need to make a quilt, start to finish in 1 day,  I’m ok if it takes a li...