Monday, December 30, 2013

Double Double (25)

Now that Christmas is over
I can post my gift quilt



Earlier this year, 
on one of my parents visit to my house,
my mom commented how nice it would be to have 
a nice lap sized quilt

That statement set into motion
a special quilt




My daughter wanted to help too

We decided to use the same fabric line as moms other quilt
Double Chocolate by Moda


We picked an easy pattern
the Double slice

which is where the name Double Double comes from


My daughter pieced the quilt top, and I did the quilting and binding
for the backing we used cozy chocolate brown fireside fabric


it is -30 Celsius in my area of the world these day
perfect for cozying up under a nice quilt

Merry Christmas
and Happy New Year

Happy Monday
Stay warm

1 comment:

Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation said...

I love the warm colors of this quilt and it's so neat that you and your daughter were able to work on it together. It is sure to be treasured by your mom!

Thank you so much for sharing at Needle and Thread Thursday!

:) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

Gramma quilt

I’ve slowed my quilt roll this year,  no longer to do feel the need to make a quilt, start to finish in 1 day,  I’m ok if it takes a li...