Friday, May 16, 2014

The Library Project, May Update






I have fallen behind in my Library Projects, 
not that I haven't been making quilts...

Does it found that I have still been adding to my Library
I picked up these new books


and then Joanna Figueroa of Fig Tree and Co
made a few Mini quilt patterns, which I bought, made and loved
I really liked my Mini Blossom pattern
So I decided to pull out her book and make the full sized quilt


I have had these fat quarters for a while, not knowing what I was going to do with them,
Now I know!!


My first full sized Blossom block
these finish up around 20 inches square



I am in love with it already!!

Thanks for stopping by
Happy Friday


7 comments:

Jeanette said...

I have the growing up modern book too, and it's fantastic. That's a great block you have made-nice and big too, so shouldn't take too many blocks to have a top made!

Linda said...

Awesome block!

Carole @ Fresh off the Frame said...

What a pretty block! Books are so much fun to collect. Isn't it great that we are using them for this quilt along? Can never have too many!

Marly said...

Beautiful block and a great start to your new project.

Julia D @ Jada's Quilting Adventures said...

Wow! Love this block :)

Adrienne said...

I think we are all a little behind this month, which is juts fine! And of course it is also fine to add to the Library! I did that last month :) Loving the new block! Isn't it fun to finally use that fabric you have been stashing away :)

Sarah @ Berry Barn Designs said...

That Growing Up Modern book looks really interesting, Conni. Happy piecing!

Gramma quilt

I’ve slowed my quilt roll this year,  no longer to do feel the need to make a quilt, start to finish in 1 day,  I’m ok if it takes a li...