Monday, May 5, 2014

Sun Stripes Finished (32)

I started this quilt last summer
It isn't even that big, a good lap size
I have no excuses why it took so long

As I sit and post it it is raining
I am hoping that posting my sun drops quilt will help the weather



Originally the idea was for the coloured strips to all come from the same side,
like rain drops down a window
But I decided I didn't like how one side "heavy" it was
So I changed it up a bit

The baking is supper soft minky

and the scrappy binding made from left over Jelly Roll pieces




It will be gifted as a grad gift, I hope she likes it!!

Linking Up with


3 comments:

Paula@TheSassyQuilter said...

This is really beautiful Conni! I love the colors with the white. I have yet to try minky binding....soon.

Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation said...

I think that alternating the direction of the strips was a great choice. It's really neat!

Thanks so much for sharing at Needle and Thread Thursday!

:) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

Cara said...

Love the colors, love the design! This is a beautiful, beautiful quilt; I'm sure your recipient will love it.

Gramma quilt

I’ve slowed my quilt roll this year,  no longer to do feel the need to make a quilt, start to finish in 1 day,  I’m ok if it takes a li...