Monday, August 20, 2012

Quilts

I have been doing some sewing this summer

I am not new to sewing

I like to sew

I made a new camera strap cover
then gave it away to a friend

Made a new cover for my e-reader

place mats and table runners for my kitchen
mug mats for my water glasses


Have I mentioned I get lots of ideas from
Pinterest

I Love Pinterest

I made a quilt for each of my children a few years ago

for my daughter

my oldest son
funny how I never looked at the pattern before
looks like an old video game
and my youngest son

each of their quilt had pieces
of my old flannel pajamas
so that way
mommy was always with them

cute huh

anyway
back to Pinterest

I found this quilt pattern
the patter can be found at Moda Bake Shop

I fell in love with it
loved the pattern, it seemed easy enough
loved the colors

I can make that!!

Of course in Saskatchewan
we don't get all the fancy fabric right away

I found this instead

it is Beach House from Moda

the pattern uses Charm Packs
which are already cut fabric packs
can't get much easier than that

here is my quilt front

looks pretty good

can't wait to get the batting and backing and get it quilted

it is not quite big enough for a queen size bed,
I already did the math for the next one to be the right size!!

I will show you the finished product when I get it done

Thanks for stopping by
Happy Monday




No comments:

Gramma quilt

I’ve slowed my quilt roll this year,  no longer to do feel the need to make a quilt, start to finish in 1 day,  I’m ok if it takes a li...