Monday, August 13, 2012

Summer Placemats

When we move into our new house,
almost 2 years ago already
(wow time flies)

We got my Husbands Grandparents
Solid Oak Table

We refinished it
got chairs to match
and use it daily

But I want to take care of it,
it is over 60 years old!!

I bought some placemats,
but they were boring

One morning on my daily brouse of
Pinterest

I found this


I know how to sew
I like sewing
I can make one of those

Off to the quilt store
I went

Came home with some great summer fabric

and this is what I made

nice and bright and summery
 but what is a table runner
without placemats to match

 again, nice and bright
and all different, none the same




My trip to the fabric store
some fall fabric followed me
for a nice fall set too


Happy Monday
Thanks for stopping by


1 comment:

Dawn said...

Connie,
Those turned out wonderful. So bright and cheery:) You are a talented girl for sure.

Gramma quilt

I’ve slowed my quilt roll this year,  no longer to do feel the need to make a quilt, start to finish in 1 day,  I’m ok if it takes a li...