Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Jessica's Giant Star (13)




Hey, Happy Tuesday

Rainy here again today
Worked hard out in the yard yesterday
pulling weeds and spraying other weeds,
cutting grass,
fertilizing plants and all that fun stuff.


Now that I have given this quilt to it's recipient,
I can show it off.

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this one!!

Hard to give it away,
so happy with it, so proud of it.

(love this picture by the way)

I seen a pattern a while back
from Jeni at In Color Order,
for a Giant Star

A while later while in my local quilt shop,
 I came across a fat Quarter bundle that I knew would perfect for it

I modified the pattern a little bit, 
made me half square triangles bigger than hers,
my fat quarters were 22 x 20



I have quilted all of my own quilts this far,
but just thought this quilt needed something more than just straight lines.

I found a lady near by that does custom Long Arm Quilting
gave her a call, and this was the result
I was very happy to say the least!!



 I backed it with a hot pink Minkee, 
and used a red fabric from my stash for the binding

It went to my niece for her High School Graduation gift

This was a super easy quilt and I will use this pattern again

I do also think I will be using my Custom lady again a well

Thanks for stopping by
Happy Tuesday


Better Off Thread

3 comments:

Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation said...

lovely quilt, and your FMQ looks fantastic!

:) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

Dell said...

Conni, this is gorgeous!

Caroline said...

I love your giant star and such fun, bright colors you picked:)

Gramma quilt

I’ve slowed my quilt roll this year,  no longer to do feel the need to make a quilt, start to finish in 1 day,  I’m ok if it takes a li...