Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Centerpiece quilt top

My Centerpiece quilt top is done


I bought a pattern and fabric kit from Sweetwater
then when it got here, I decided to use the fabric part of the kit for another project, 
and use other hexagons I already had for the pattern part of the kit



there is a whole lotta pressing involved with this pattern
each of the 16 flowers needs to be pressed in, like so, 
and then appliquéd onto the bigger blocks

The pressing is what takes the most time, the quilt actually came together quite fast

*************************

In other news, one of my 2014 goals was to learn 
and get comfortable with free motion quilting, 
on my home machine. 


I enquired into classes at my local quilt shop, they do teach free motion, 
but not until May or June, well that won't help me, around here May is crazy busy with farming, and June this year will be crazy busy with my daughter graduating

So I purchased a few books,
got comfy with a cup of tea and a warm quilt and started to read

Then I gave it a try


I can see I am going to like this, and be able to have fun with it

Happy Tuesday
Stay warm!!









4 comments:

Sara said...

Lovely quilt. So sunny!

Enjoy FMQ!

Shauna said...

That top is so pretty!!! Love the colors. Good luck with the FMQ, I'm sure you'll master it in no time.

Paula@TheSassyQuilter said...

Love those fabrics. I have that book and love it. Such a cute quilt.

Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation said...

This is such a fantastic quilt. and good for you for tackling FMQ on your home machine. It can be tricky at first, but when you get the hang of it, you'll love it!

Thank you so much for sharing this at Needle and Thread Thursday!

:) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

Gramma quilt

I’ve slowed my quilt roll this year,  no longer to do feel the need to make a quilt, start to finish in 1 day,  I’m ok if it takes a li...