Thursday, February 20, 2014

The Library Project Simply Color Framed

It is time for the February check in 


ok, ok, ok

I have re vamped my project list


a few times

But in my defence, the projects I was asked to make
were changed on me
but enough about that

onto my Feb project

I have gone back to my favourite pattern designer


from her Simply Retro book


I have had my eye on this pattern, 
I think I am drawn to the bright fabric she used

When I came across a Layer cake of 
Simply Color by V & Co


I set to work
cutting

 that took about an hour

seriously, this was an easy pattern!!
it came together real easy and real fast


I haven't got any further than getting the top together
and then I had to move on to a couple of paid projects

If you are looking for a quick project
this is it, seriously, I started cutting the fabric at about 2 
on a Saturday afternoon, and had the majority of it all pieced together that evening
and I had stopped to make supper even!!

Thanks for stopping by
Remember to go check out a few others taking part in 
the Library Project

Stay Warm!!







11 comments:

Tina Craig said...

That's a great piece. I love everything Camille does. I love those quick projects from pre-cuts.

Jenn @ A Quarter Inch from the Edge said...

Lookin' good! And way to go for picking a project that came together quickly. Smart girl!

Sarah @ Berry Barn Designs said...

I agree - the bright colors really make it pop! Looks like a fun fast quilt : )

Ruth said...

Lovely quilt top! It looks great, love the colours.

Linda said...

Love it! Might have to add this one to my list too. I love the Simply Color fabric line.

Adrienne said...

Conni this is gorgeous, colors are great and a very nice pattern. It is always great to discover something that can come together quickly:)

RobinSue said...

Lovely! The colors are delicious. How wonderful that you were able to go from start to finish in one afternoon/evening.

Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation said...

This is awesome! sometimes the simplest patterns of squares with sashing can be the most striking. so pretty!

I'm so glad you shared at Needle and Thread Thursday!

:) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

RobotMomSews said...

How pretty! You chose the perfect fabric for this pattern I think!

Emma said...

What a great start to the quilt along. The fabrics really pop against the white sashing.

Julia D @ Jada's Quilting Adventures said...

Beautiful colours :) I may have to purchase this book. It is on my wish list.

Gramma quilt

I’ve slowed my quilt roll this year,  no longer to do feel the need to make a quilt, start to finish in 1 day,  I’m ok if it takes a li...