Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Carpenter Star!! (28)


A few weeks ago I set my February goal
I set out to make a Carpenters Star quilt
in an extra large queen size for my brother and his wife

These are the fabric we chose,
a mix of purple and grey, both light and dark


So I set to work

This is the inner star, 
what you can't see in this picture is that it almost takes up my whole
design wall, which forced me to move down to the basement for the
rest of the project, where there was enough room for it all.


the entire star, without the borders
Sorry for the poor colour pictures, remember I said I was in my basement

This was my first big project on my new machine
I had lots of room to move it around.

I quilting it straight line, following the star pattern

I really should have taken a picture of the back of the quilt,
the pattern of the quilting looked awesome on the solid backing fabric


I made the side borders wider than the top and bottom, for extra over hang on the sides of their bed



They were very happy with how it turned out
My brother is still a little upset I didn't use any "camouflage' Fabric

I am very happy with how it turned out too!!

Happy Tuesday
Stay warm, it's -30 here again in Saskatchewan!!



Fresh Poppy Design

11 comments:

Sandy Panagos said...

Wow, that was a really big goal, but you did it! It's lovely. Congrats on your finish.

Allison said...

I love the oversized star - it makes a very elegant quilt. congrats on your February finish - I still have to bind mine :)

Mara said...

This looks fantastic, mmm.. I need a new machine :)

Melissa said...

It is completely stunning! Congratulations on such an awesome finish!

Sue Daurio said...

It looks fabulous! I love the colors you choose, way better than camo ;)

Anonymous said...

Very pretty!

Shanna of Fiber of All Sorts said...

Stunning finish! Thanks for linking up

Izzy said...

Wow! Awesome finish. I love the Carpenter Star block and seeing it huge like that is really cool.

Caroline said...

Beautiful!! I LOVE that big star:)

dq said...

It is so lovely on your beautiful bed. Congratulations!

Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation said...

It looks amazing on the bed! hooray for you for getting that big quilt done.

Thanks so much for sharing at Needle and Thread Thursday!

:) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

Gramma quilt

I’ve slowed my quilt roll this year,  no longer to do feel the need to make a quilt, start to finish in 1 day,  I’m ok if it takes a li...