Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Janelle WIP, March Goal

A Lovely Year of Finishes

Wow, March already!!

Things get super busy around here in March
My family and I farm,
both grain farm, and cattle!!

March means calving season, so far we have
22 baby calves, they are SO cute, out of the 140 we will get
This means sleepless nights,
tired days, some afternoon naps, and some extra coffee

But I wouldn't trade it for anything!!

So, I have decided since sewing time can be limited this month, 
my goal will be a smaller one.

Just finish a quilt that I have already started

I have the top all pieced, I need to add the borders,
get is basted and quilted!!


The quilt is a commission one,
to be given for a grad gift in June,
but I decided, "why wait until the last minute to try and do it"
Seeing as we have calving, dance competitions, seeding, 
and a grad around here our selves this spring,
I am going to get it out of the way


She choose the Vintage pattern fro Camille Roskelly,
but in a twin size

and has asked for a matching pillow sham.

So that is my goal for March,
Get this finished and a pillow sham to match!!

Wish me luck!!
Feel free to send coffee!!

Linking with 
and 

Happy Wednesday!!



5 comments:

Yvonne @ Quilting Jetgirl said...

Good luck getting this done in March! I love the colors!

Jennifer said...

This quilt has such a "strong" feel to it. Love it.

Heather @ Bobbins and Bullets said...

I love this quilt design. It's on my eventual to-do list. Yours makes me wish I had time to do it now!

Rosa said...

Go you can-It`s just fantastic!

Lindsey said...

My in-laws also raise cattle and it really is a lot of fun this time of year! :) Love your quilt! I am sure you will get it done in time! :)

Would love for you to stop by and link this up to Fabric Frenzy Friday!
-Lindsey
Fabric Frenzy Friday

Gramma quilt

I’ve slowed my quilt roll this year,  no longer to do feel the need to make a quilt, start to finish in 1 day,  I’m ok if it takes a li...