Tuesday, March 18, 2014

I made a house

Hey

Sorry I've been a little too busy to to share here on my blog

Things around the farm always get a little crazy at this time of year
we have 76 baby calves born in the last 2 weeks, and about 50 more to go

The weather has finally smartened up, which means we don't have to get up 
and night and check for calves, so they don't freeze 
These days, when I am not out at the barn or corrals, I am cooking or cleaning my house
or napping 
not getting much time to play on my sewing machine

I have got a few things done this month though

I decided it was time to take down my Valentines wall hanging
but with all the snow we still have, it doesn't seem much like spring yet
so I decided I needed an "in between" wall hanging


again, a pattern from Camille Roskelly's book Simply Retro
 have I mentioned how much I love that book??



I used a mix of fabrics from Simply Style from V & Co
I knew I wanted a navy house, in the middle, 
our house is navy, so this is our house!!





I have still been working on my free motion quilting,
still practicing

and decided to go ahead and add some to this wall hanging

just a big loose wave for now, but it's a start

Thanks for stopping by
Happy Tuesday


Fresh Poppy Design




4 comments:

Tanya Quilts in CO said...

I love house quilts and this one is adorable!

LA Paylor said...

great little houses! It's modern and a trad pattern, a nice mix. We are just starting to see daffodil shoots here in Maryland. Spring is popping.
LeeAnna Paylor
lapaylor.blogspot.com

Ruth said...

Love the fabric you chose for the door in the navy house! Really lovely quilt.

Julie Cefalu said...

I love your house quilt! That is from one of my favorite books, too. I can't imagine what it must be like to raise children AND calves! You must be so busy! I'm glad you got a little sewing time.
Julie @ The Crafty Quilter

Gramma quilt

I’ve slowed my quilt roll this year,  no longer to do feel the need to make a quilt, start to finish in 1 day,  I’m ok if it takes a li...