Monday, March 24, 2014

Katies Hopscotch - In Progress


What I am in love with working on now!!

A custom quilt, for a grad gift,
a while until grad, but I don't see any point in waiting until the last minute

I while back, in February, I spent a few days in Moose Jaw
exploring the city and it's quilt shops

I visited the Quilt Patch
wow, does this store have flannel, lots and lots of flannel!!
OF course it helped that my hotel room was freezing at the time,
I couldn't stop thinking about their flannel

I picked up a few fat quarter bundles they had,
along with a pattern their store owner had created called Hopscotch

Fast forward to last week, when I was asked to make a grad gift quilt
and the recipient loves purple

PERFECT!!

all cut up and ready to be pieced together!!

ok now there is a story for this picture

I was chain piecing, first 60 pieces together, then 30 other pieces together, then the 60 pieces together to make 30 different pieces. Then you put the first 30 pieces and the second 30 pieces together, this is how close I was to getting them all together when my bobbin thread ran out

SO CLOSE!!!


and a lovely pile of blocks!!

and up on the design wall, 
waiting to be squared up and sewn into rows!!

Cant wait to get this one finished!!
I have a fat quarter bundle of flannel I am planning to make the same pattern in!!!

Happy Monday
Stay Warm

Linking with;


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That will be a wonderful gift.

Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation said...

cool color combo. beautiful blocks!

Thanks so much for showing this off at Needle and Thread Thursday!

:) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

Gramma quilt

I’ve slowed my quilt roll this year,  no longer to do feel the need to make a quilt, start to finish in 1 day,  I’m ok if it takes a li...