Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Blogathon Canada

I am very excited
I found a whole bunch of great Canadian quilt bloggers

The Sew Sisters are hosting the Blogathon Canada
to introduce us to more great Canadian bloggers

I would like to thank Flo at Butterfly Quilting
for adding me to her blog list

I will share a bit about myself

I grew up in a city
fell in love with a farm boy
married that farmer
we have 3 children

We live on the farm and honestly
there is no place I would rather be

We grain farm and raise cattle

I have always had a love for all things home-made
I am a scrapbooker, and a card maker
I am also a quilter

About a year ago now 
my husband said to me
"you should make quilts for the twin"

the other day I said to him
"look what you started"

These are the quilts that started it all





my Irish Chain quilt




my Darkside quilt


and last but not least

I have found the blog world is a great place for inspiration
I could spend hours looking on the internet

I am glad to be making my own place in this blog world

Thank you for stopping by, I would love if you stop back again
Happy Thursday








8 comments:

Anonymous said...

II can't believe the quilts you've made in such a short time. I love Impromptu and Irish Chain but they are all beautiful. I'll be sure to follow your blog.

Sew Sisters Quilt Shop said...

Love your quilts! Thanks for doing a special post for Blogathon Canada!
Carol

Mrs.Pickles said...

lovely work!

Moneik said...

Your quilts are beautiful.

Heather said...

The Darkside Quilt, great title and a wonderful use of colour or lack there of.

Dominique said...

Hello from Halifax, Conni. Visiting from the Blogathon. Love the impromptu and the great granny quilts!

Jo said...

You have made some great quilts :) Your giant star is great!

Sheila said...

You have made some lovely quilts for your family . I have a son living in Saskatoon :-)

Gramma quilt

I’ve slowed my quilt roll this year,  no longer to do feel the need to make a quilt, start to finish in 1 day,  I’m ok if it takes a li...