Thursday, November 14, 2013

Hockey Rink quilt (22)


Ok, New Favourite!!!

But don't we say that about each new quilt we make??

I asked a question on Facebook 
a few weeks ago
"would you buy one of my quilts"
I had lots of people say, YES they would

The cradle quilt in my last post was the first one

This is the second one

I was asked to make a quilt
for my friend and her little twin daughters to use
while they are at the cold hockey rinks, watching their bigger sister
at hockey

She said it was up to me what pattern and fabric I choose
she only asked that I used Red, Navy and White,
the teams colours

This idea popped in my head right away,
I wanted the navy to be the main fabric because of where it will be used,
and tried to use as little white as possible.



the backing is supper cozy grey Fireside fabric
if you have never used it, it compared to minky for softness


hard to capture "softness" in a picture, lol


and finished it all off with a scrappy red binding
I have sent her pictures and her response was
"I LOVE IT"

**********************

and now to show you a new addition in my house


yup, I got a wooden ladder finally

My wonderful hubby made it for me!!!
We are at odds right now over finishing it though,
he wants to stain it, I want to antique paint it


Thanks for stopping by
Happy Thursday
Stay warm!!


Fresh Poppy Design

3 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I know what you mean about each new quilt you make being your favorite! That happens to me, too. Where did you find directions for the quilt ladder? I've been after my hubby to make one, too!

Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation said...

Love this one! I can surely see why it's a new fave. I do that too. I think when we spend so much time and effort on a project, it just becomes "ours" forever.

Thank you so much for sharing at Needle and Thread Thursday!

:) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

Sara said...

It has a great modern feel and the backing is something I haven't heard of but it looks to be very luxurious:)

I need to have my hubby make one of those ladders since he is a woodworker:)

Gramma quilt

I’ve slowed my quilt roll this year,  no longer to do feel the need to make a quilt, start to finish in 1 day,  I’m ok if it takes a li...