Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Darkside (19)


Darkside is finished!

Love this quilt
(but don't I say that about each finished quilt)

But seriously,
there is something about the black and white with just the hints of yellow
has me thinking of all kinds of black and white plus a colour, 
like black and white with hot pink!!

I used a giant Log Cabin pattern
Found a great tutorial from Kelly

I enjoy all of Kelly's quilt by the way

I had fun with the back of this quilt too,
carried on the idea or random stripes, but when from yellow to black
my version of Ombre

I quilted it on the diagonal
4 inch spacing, both directions
with cozy flannel fabric

Sorry, winter has hit up here, which the opportunity to get great outdoor photos is slim, and when there are cows to chase and move, that comes first.

My husband has agreed to make me a wooden ladder
for my to display my quilts on, 
but I sill love my radio shelf


See, this is SNOW,
we have had a little bit of it so far, I know there will be more to come
and I also know it's not going away any time soon

I pieced the front of Darkside a few weeks ago
but took a while to get the backing together,
it was on my mind the whole time though, 
so I thought it was meant to be the other day when I was in a store and found these


Thanks for stopping by
Happy Tuesday

Fresh Poppy Design

5 comments:

Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation said...

This is a fantastic Giant Log Cabin! The pops of yellow are perfect with the black and white. I'm so glad you enjoyed using my tutorial!

:) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

Myra @ Busy Hands Quilts said...

Love the quilt. I made that pattern last week, too!

Becca said...

I fall in love with every quilt I make, too. Even if in the beginning I wasn't all that excited about the colors or the prints, by the time it is quilted and the binding is done I'm wholeheartedly in love. I'm also a big fan of flannel as my backing fabric. It might not be perfect for every quilt, but I love using it when I can.

Thanks for sharing you wonderful quilt.

Allison said...

fantastic quilt, and I love the name, hehe

Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation said...

Thank you so much for sharing at Needle and Thread Thursday!

:) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

Gramma quilt

I’ve slowed my quilt roll this year,  no longer to do feel the need to make a quilt, start to finish in 1 day,  I’m ok if it takes a li...