Friday, January 17, 2014

Library Project!!



I am joining Adrienne at Chezzetcook Modern Quilts

She is hosting a year long quilt along, to try and get us 
actually making quilts with the patterns in quilt books we buy.

I have many books, many patterns that are on my to-do list
or on my "maybe someday" list

This isn't all my books either


This quilt along has got me moving
I have already got a big jump on my Vintage quilt,
more about that in the next day or 2

First up

I will be making the Vintage quilt by Camille Roskelly


From there, and in no particular order...


I am going to make Butterfly Kisses,
into a wall hanging for my summer entry way


This layer cake quilt for my sister


The Plus quilt for a grad gift!

again from Simply Retro

The Dwell quilt, again I will be making this one into a wall hanging
for my entry way

I have seen this book ALL over the quilt blog land in the last few weeks,
Love the sampler quilt, going to attempt one this year!!


I forgot a few other patterns that were tucked away and
not in my patterns binder, but I think that is a good enough start for now!!

We are going to meet up once a month
to update our progress, 
should be fun

Happy Friday
Stay warm









8 comments:

Jeanette said...

We chose projects from the same book-Simply Retro. I love the patterns you chose as well-we can cheer each other on!

Dominique said...

Hi Conni, as I am going around to other library projects participants, I am picking my favourites. Now I land on your blog and I love your choices too! I really like the houses from Camille's book. I'll be checking back to see your projects!

Jenn @ A Quarter Inch from the Edge said...

I don't have any of your books, but seeing the projects you've selected makes me want to run to the library/bookstore. I don't think that's the goal of TLP, but it sure seems to be a common thread amongst the bloggers participating! Love the plus quilt.. and I've been resisting the lure of Vintage Quilt Revival. I'm not sure how much longer I can hold out!

Jo said...

What a great collection of patterns! looking forward to seeing your progress. Good luck :)

Unknown said...

I love what you picked. I bought Simply Retro for my mom for Christmas and it is really full of wonderful projects. Can't wait to see yours :)

Ella and Nesta said...

I really like what you've choosen. I wish I had those books and patterns. I especially like the Dwell Quilt.

Adrienne said...

Conni! Suck great picks! Vintage Quilt Revival has been on my list and right now it is so tempting because you are right, it is everywhere! I love the Simply Retro book too. Another to add to the list! Thanks for quilting along :)

Ruth said...

Lovely projects - I really like the vinatage quilt and the sampler blocks will be gorgeous!

Gramma quilt

I’ve slowed my quilt roll this year,  no longer to do feel the need to make a quilt, start to finish in 1 day,  I’m ok if it takes a li...