Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Swoon



I posted a few days back about getting things finished up in 2014

Funny how that very day
I was asked to make 2 other quilts and 2 days later a 3rd quilt was added to that list!!

I can see my projects are going to get put to the back burner

Oh well,
that is why I love to make quilts,
for others to enjoy them
*****************

I managed to get my Swoon
top finished!!




Now I have to be honest
I started my first swoon block, way back in about May or June
and that single lonely block sat on my wall for months

It was then joined by a second, 
and they sat for a few more months

I made 2 more blocks...

The more blocks I made the less I liked the idea of this
blue and brown quilt.

Maybe I would just use the blocks individually
as table toppers on the living room end tables....

Maybe I would just make a 4 block small lap Swoon....

Then came the day my hubby asked for a quilt
that was big enough for him from his toes to his nose, with a little extra room
for me to be able cuddle with him on the couch

ok, ok I will keep adding to my swoon to make it the 9 blocks like the pattern

I even said to him 
"I honestly don't LOVE this quilt, I love every quilt I make, 
I am sad that some don't live here with me anymore even, 
but I cannot make myself love this Swoon

That being said, I still had to finish it

that is when the magic happened
With each piece of sashing I added to these blocks
I began to like them more and more

Until I now LOVE this quilt top!!

I have not decided how this will get quilted,
weather to send it out to my Long Arm lady,
or weather to rent and learn to use the Long Arm machine at my local quilt store
or weather to just suck it up and quilt it on my home machine


I do hope to get Swoon completely finished soon,
but like I said, I have a few other projects that have time lines

Happy Wednesday
Stay warm

9 comments:

Kristin said...

I am glad you ended up loving your Swoon quilt, because it really does look great!

Valerie the Pumpkin Patch Quilter said...

Beautiful!! Your color choices are really lovely... ;)

Christine S said...

I think ALL Swoons are awesome, including yours :)

Moneik said...

I was going to put corner stones in my sashing, but I think now I am going to just leave them all white. Your swoon is so pretty. I've been the same way with my swoon blocks, one here, one there, a couple more, etc. I plan to sash mine this weekend.

Katherine said...

Hooray! Your Swoon looks lovely, Conni. You're off to a flying start with your WIPs. My own Swoon is still patiently awaiting to be basted (and I've yet to decide on how to quilt mine, either! lol). Wishing you luck finishing!

Sue Daurio said...

So glad you found your love for the swoon quilt. I LOVED the minute I saw it. I have a 4x4 swoon that I still have not quilted. But I still love each and everyone I see. Yours has such great color combination too!

Shell said...

Gosh .. I LOVE the colors and the style of this quilt. It's just gorgeous, Conni.

Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation said...

LOVE the swoon!! that is so hard- sometimes I feel like that about quilts too, but I always like them much better when they're finished. Plus, I think that more subdued colors need to be pulled together to really have the wow factor, whereas bright colors automatically pop. That's just how I always feel anyway!

Thanks so much for sharing at Needle and Thread Thursday!

:) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

Sweet Woodruff said...

Oh I love the colors and I think it's gorgeous. That happens to me with every single quilt I make. I love it. I hate it. I love it. I hate it. I usually end up loving it again at the end. :) Beautiful work. I have yet to make a swoon. Happy Quilting!

Gramma quilt

I’ve slowed my quilt roll this year,  no longer to do feel the need to make a quilt, start to finish in 1 day,  I’m ok if it takes a li...