Saturday, January 18, 2014

Vintage Finished (26)

This is before quilting

As project #1
for the Library Project Quilt Along

I choose the Vintage pattern
from Camille Roskelly's book 
Simply Retro

I had made a quilt for my sister in law for Christmas,
apparently her boyfriend tried to steal her quilt...
so she asked me to make him one of his own.

I used a mix of grey fat quarters and mixed in 4 navy prints


I also made it big enough for 2 to cuddle under,
by adding a 4th row of blocks, making the quilt 85x85 inches




I used left over navy fabric for a mixed up scrappy binding, 
and backed the quilt with navy micro fleece



I am pretty proud of this one, 
especially since it was my first real attempt at having so many points line up

So project #1 can get crossed off the list!!

on a side note
Look at what greeted me out my window this morning as I was having coffee
Absolute beauty!!


Happy Saturday
Stay warm

I am off to start project #2 Heartthrob!!

P.S. You can follow me on Intagram, cfrankl, I'd like it very much if you did!








10 comments:

Adrienne said...

First project done already! What a keener :) This quilt is great :)

Stacy Olson said...

Great job Conni! Love vintage style quilts like this.

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

What a beautiful quilt!

Sue Daurio said...

Wow that is stunning with the shades of grey and an hint of navy. Just love it!

Sweet Woodruff said...

Very nice. I will have to look for this book. I love blue and gray together.

Hilary said...

Gorgeous quilt! How was the pattern? I have been wanting to make this one for a little while now.

Joanie's Trendy Quilts said...

Great looking Album quilt! The first quilt I made was this pattern. I used all blue fabrics many gray blue colors, thus your quilt reminds me so much of mine! Congrats on making such a wonderful quilt!

Ruth said...

Wow that was quick for such a large quilt too. I love the greys with navy.

Izzy said...

Beautiful! Love the simplicity of the colours you chose. Very classy quilt.

Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation said...

I love this pattern, and your simple fabrics look great with it!

Thanks for sharing at Needle and Thread Thursday!

:) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

Gramma quilt

I’ve slowed my quilt roll this year,  no longer to do feel the need to make a quilt, start to finish in 1 day,  I’m ok if it takes a li...